CANCELLATION & MISSED APPOINTMENT POLICY
Counselors take clients and their appointments seriously. Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice or missed all together, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else and the appointment goes unfilled.
The following cancellation / missed appointment policy is in effect:
- 24 hours’ notice is required for cancelling an appointment. Clients can contact Darlynne directly to cancel their appointment with the option of leaving a message.
- If you cancel your appointment less than 24 hours before your appointment you will be billed for 50% of the cost of your appointment; that would be $77.50 for a 55 minutes session; $96.90 for 75 minutes; and $116.25 for a 90 minute session. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- If you cancel with less than 12 hours’ notice before your appointment time, you will be billed 75% of the cost of your appointment that is $116.25 for a 55 minute session; $145.35 for a 75 minutes; $174.40 for a 90 minute session.
- Clients who fail to show for their scheduled appointments are billed for the full cost of their appointment: $155 for 55 minutes; $193.75 for a 75 minute session; and $232.50 for a 90 minute session.
- Missed appointments and late cancellations are payable by cash, e-transfer or credit card. A receipt will be provided marked “cancellation fee” or missed appointment.
- There are a variety of reasons for cancelling an appointment. In order to be fair and consistent with all clients, cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency requiring urgent professional treatment, a death in the family or a natural disaster.
- Clients receive an email appointment reminder 2 days before scheduled appointments which are set up through the online booking tool. If you schedule an appointment directly through Darlynne, she will ensure you receive an email or phone message reminding you of your appointment 2 days in advance.
- Attending counseling on a regular basis requires commitment. Life circumstances can get in the way of our intention to attend sessions regularly. Clients who cancel 3 or more consecutive appointments or 4 or more appointments in a year are asked to take a 6 month break from counseling with Darlynne.
- In the event that Darlynne cancels your appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will receive 50% off your next appointment. If she cancels your appointment with less than 12 hours’ notice your next appointment is 75% off. Should Darlynne not show to your appointment you will receive the next appointment free.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Appointments can be booked online for private, group, and supervision sessions.